Casting chocolate into shells is one of my favourite techniques and these MacDaddy Bars will give you excellent practice. Once you get the hang of it, it’s super fun and easy to do. You can prep shells days in advanced and fill them when the mood strikes you. If you don’t know how to make and temper chocolate, click here and learn how on my free raw chocolate mini course.
Macadamia Caramel Praline
- 100 g macadamia butter/paste - this is the one I used
- 100 g maple syrup or 50/50 maple and coconut sugar
- 20 g cacao butter, melted
- 8-10 drops vanilla medicine flower extract
- 8 drops caramel medicine flower extract
- 3-6 drops orange essential oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 1-2 tsp flaked sea salt optional
- 300 g chocolate in temper
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
- Keep warm at room temp whilst you shell your chocolate.
- Using a piping bag fill each cavity of the mould with chocolate.
- Tap the side of the mould with the back of your scraper to remove air bubbles and to settle the chocolate.
- Invert the mould over your smooth table top or into a large bowl.
- Tap to remove all excess chocolate and further remove air bubbles.
- With the mould inverted, scrape away excess dripping chocolate.
- Place the mould, still inverted, over a cooling rack for 2 minutes and then scrape it again once the chocolate has lost its shine.
- You can do this step several days in advance or have prepared moulds like this hanging around for when you want to fill them.
- Fill each cavity as you wish with the macadamia praline, be sure to keep it just under the top of the mould as it still needs to be capped.
- Sprinkle a little flaked sea salt over each cavity of praline.
- Place the mould in the fridge for 5 mins to slightly set the praline.
- Once ready, fill each cavity with chocolate using a piping bag, gently tap the mould to settle the chocolate and then scrape away the excess chocolate into a bowl or onto your smooth countertop.
- Place in the fridge to set, about 5 minutes.
FREE Videos: Start watching and learning today
Are you a visual learner? Yeah, me too. If I can’t be there in person, I love a video. This FREE mini series covers everything you need to know in order to start making professional quality chocolate at home with ease.
Want to know when a new recipe is posted?
You’re busy. I know this. You can’t keep checking my site for new recipes. Sign up for my newsletter and I’ll send you a new recipe every week. Boom!