These little bites are really fun to make. The best part is at the end when you cut it open to reveal all those beautiful layers. Perfection 🙂
- 100g ( ¾ cup ) buckwheat, soaked 1 hour, sprouted 8-12 hours
- 100g ( ¾ cup ) pecans, soaked 8 hours, strained and rinsed
- 75g ( ⅓ cup ) coconut sugar, powdered
- 10g ( 1 tbsp ) coconut flour
- 4-6 drops vanilla Medicine Flower Extract or ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine and break down. We want some texture left in the nuts, but not for it to be too chunky as we need to spread them out.
- Transfer the mix to a teflex sheet and spread out using a cranked/offset spatula to about ⅓ inch thickness.
- Score into small rounds using a cutter from a round cutter set that will fit the sphere mould you are using. This is the one I used.
- Dehydrate at 115 for 10 hours, flip onto mesh and dry an additional 10 hours or until crisp.
- Once cool, gently break the rounds along the score lines.
- 35g ( ¼ cup ) pecan butter
- 90g ( scant ½ cup ) water, hot/warm
- 80g ( 2.8 oz ) cacao paste
- 50g ( ¼ cup ) coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp tamari ( optional for added depth )
- It’s important the water is warm / hot and the chocolate is shaved before you start this recipe.
- The liquid being hot and the chocolate being shaved will mean that the mixture melts very quickly and can properly emulsify in the blender.
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and process, starting on low-medium and then increase to full power until all ingredients are smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a container, cool to room temp before covering and setting in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to assemble the spheres, and once the ganache is set, spread on top of the pecan biscuit to ¼ inch thickness and insert a freeze dried cherry in the centre of the ganache.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 250g (1 ¾ cups ) cashews, soaked
- 1 tsp probiotic powder
- 100g ( ⅓ cup ) water, or just enough to blend
- Blend the cashews with the probiotic powder and just enough water to create a thick mixture.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, press cling film or greaseproof paper right down on top of the mixture so as to not form a crust on top and pop in a warm space for 12 – 24 hours.
- The mixture should be aerated and slightly sour smelling when you check on it.
- 1 recipe cashew cheese (above)
- 150g ( ¾ cup ) xylitol, powdered
- 30g ( 2 tbsp ) lemon juice
- 150g ( ¾ cup ) coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or 4 drops vanilla medicine flower
- 2 drops black cherry medicine flower extract ( optional )
- 15g ( ¼ cup ) freeze dried cherries
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- If the mixture looks seized, allow it to run in the food processor for a few minutes or until it’s smooth and silky looking. Alternatively, melt it down over a double boiler.
- Fill the cavities of the mould you’re using ½ way and insert a pecan biscuit covered in ganache. It should go in so the biscuit is exposed and the ganache is inside the cream.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour or until fully set.
Chocolate Pecan Coating
make this once the spheres are set and ready to dip
- 100g ( 3.5 oz ) cacao paste
- 40g ( 2 tbsp ) coconut oil
- 40g ( 2 tbsp ) maple or honey
- 40g ( ¼ cup ) chopped pecans
- 1 tsp tamari
- Pinch salt
- Melt the cacao paste and coconut oil over a double boiler.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Enrobe the spheres in the chocolate coating. ( Follow this enrobing video if you’re new to working with chocolate )
- Store in the fridge a few days and in the freezer for several months.
FREE Videos: Start watching and learning today
Are you a visual learner? Yeah, me too. If I can’t be there in person, I love a video. This FREE mini series covers everything you need to know in order to start making professional quality chocolate at home with ease.
Want to know when a new recipe is posted?
You’re busy. I know this. You can’t keep checking my site for new recipes. Sign up for my newsletter and I’ll send you a new recipe every week. Boom!