Intermediate & Advanced
It’s recommended that you have experience with making and tempering chocolate before attending this class.
Date: 19th August 2021
Time: 4pm – 6pm U.K
Learn To Make Beautifully Designed Chocolate Confections
This class builds off of what you’ve learnt in my Fundamentals & Soft Centres Chocolate classes and introduces
new elements, techniques and skills to further your learning and growth.
Technical skills that lead to creative expression
The techniques and recipes covered in this class are versatile and can be used in many different ways across desserts and chocolates.
Pralines make a wonderful enrobed chocolate just as they are. They can also be piped into bonbon cavities to create one or more of the layers inside.
The maple cookie dough can also be cut into bars and used as a base for a candy bar or cut into a disc and used as a layer inside of a bonbon. Likewise, this recipes serves very well as a crust or tart base.
Although it may seem like a simple confection to make, the beauty in learning all the recipes and steps is that they can then be applied across the board in your dessert and chocolate making.
Learning is all about building on foundations, adding one brick at a time and one day you look back and marvel at how far you have come by simply learning one thing at a time. Each skill, each base recipe takes you into new and exciting areas of possibility.
Elements covered in this class …
We will use 2 different silicone moulds to create a layered praline sphere and insert a cookie dough disc into the praline. This will then be enrobed in white and dark chocolate to create a swirly finish on the praline.
Maple Cookie Dough
A great base recipe to use for creating any kind of soft, sweet cookie dough layer for your confections and bonbons. This cookie dough disc has a long shelf life – I have used this in my bonbons and their shelf life has been min 2 months.
We will be making two pralines in this class and layering them inside one another to create an intriguing visual finish and an interesting eating experience. Both pralines are made a little differently and will give you some options to choose from when creating your chocolates.
This technique can be applied using two chocolate of different shades. The more intensely different they are, the more the design stands out. This method can be used across your chocolate and dessert work.
How Does It Work?
- After you’ve purchased this livestream class, you’ll be sent a confirmation email, which includes a link to register for the class.
- After to register, you’ll receive an email that will contain your link to join the class on the designated date and time.
- At the time and date of the class you’ll connect via the Zoom software (no extra charge to you).
- You’ll be able to see and hear me. We’ll say hello when you join, so you can confirm you can hear OK.
- Whilst I’m teaching you can type questions for me to answer. I’ll make sure we answer all questions.
- You’ll receive the class book and a recording of the session within 1-2 days of the livestream.
- Note: This is not a follow along workshop, so there’s no need to shop for any ingredients prior to the class. You can just relax, watch at home, ask questions and be armed with your new knowledge to get in the kitchen in your own time and go at your own pace. Of course, you have all recipes and a recording of the class to refer back to whenever you want.
Kind words from our friends
Working in the industry and the huge surge in food intolerances, allergies and required diets, with Amy’s help I can face any challenge with a grin and think, “What would Amy do?”Sammy Tranger
Having Amy’s raw chocolate courses on therawchef.com makes me so proud. Our students love learning about raw chocolate from Amy, because she’s so knowledgeable and methodical.Russell James“The Raw Chef”, London UK
Amy is an inspiring teacher and someone who pushes raw culinary artistry to the edge. Her sophisticated chocolates and elegant desserts were the cornerstone at all SAF restaurants during their opening years.Chad SarnoChef, Consultant & Speaker
I love Amy’s recipes, she is always creating and sharing so openly with all of us. What’s a plus, she actually uses weight measurements (thanks, Amy)!Monika WackeFounder Schoccolatta, Switzerland
Amy Levin is a very knowledgeable and enterprising professional chef and culinary artist, whose creativity, organisational skills and teaching abilities are remarkable.Amy WebsterFounder of Simply Raw, Zurich Switzerland