Learn How To Make Homemade Raw Pop Tarts
Pop Tarts are really fun to make and are very versatile. You can dress them up or keep them simple.
No dehydrator? No worries, you can use your oven.
What you’ll learn…
This 60 min livestream class is designed for both beginners and intermediate students alike. You don’t need to have a dehydrator to make the recipes from this class, you can also use your oven, and we’ll talk about that in class.
My teaching style and ethos is to give people tried and tested base recipes that you can chop and change to create something new and different.
For this, I have used one of my favourite pastry doughs! It works really well for making all sorts of ‘pastries’… and cookies as well. It’s another one of my highly versatile recipes that can be changed to suit any type of sweet or savoury ‘pastry’ your mind can conjur up!
Blueberry Pop Tarts with a lemon vanilla bean glaze
These Pop Tarts remind me of Danish Pastries I had as a kid. The soft vanilla pastry dough pairs amazingly well with the chunky blueberry jam filling and the lemon vanilla glaze really gives it that ‘pastry’ feel. These pastries freeze really well, so you can stock up and simply defrost one when you’re ready for a treat! These are, hands down, one of the best pastries I have ever made.
Chocolate Pop Tarts with a salted caramel filling and dark chocolate glaze
The chocolate pastry dough for this is an absolute dream to work with! You can roll it nice and thin so you don’t have tons of pastry in each bite – rather, you achieve a nice balance of pastry, filling and glaze. The filling is a medjool date based caramel paste and it works so well for maintaining a soft, juicy filling bursting with flavour. We finish these off with a dark chocolate glaze and sea salt to round the whole pastry out beautifully. No way you can eat just one of these!
How Does It Work?
- After you’ve purchased this livestream class, you’ll be sent a confirmation email, which includes a link to register for the class.
- At the time and date of the class you’ll connect via the Zoom software (no extra charge to you).
- You’ll be able to see and hear me. We’ll say hello when you join, so you can confirm you can hear OK.
- While I’m teaching you can type questions for me to answer. I’ll make sure we answer all questions.
- You’ll receive the class book and a recording of the session within 1-2 days of the livestream.
- Note: This is not a follow along workshop, so there’s no need to shop for any ingredients prior to the class.