Ready To Make Beautifully Designed Bonbons?
This class focusses on all aspects on making bonbons which includes colouring, shelling, filling and layering and capping.
Each class covers a new bonbon and therefore new designs, flavours and elements.
Technical skills that lead to creative expression
Elements covered in this class …
Each bonbon class covers new design techqniues using easy to find tools, like paint brushes and sponges, and naturally coloured cocoa butters. For this class I am using a Chocolate World 2116 mould, which is a larger capacity mould, 13g to be exact. This gives us more decorating space, but also more internal space for layering. In this class, we’re doing my favourite marble design.
If you took my recent All Natural, Plant Based & Refined Sugar Free Caramels class, you’ll know I have started working on fruit caramels. This is the first successful one I have made and it’s slammin! The texture is gooey, the flavour is bold and the colour is gorgeous!
Black Sesame Milk Chocolate Praline
I wanted to pair the caramel with something that wasn’t too sweet, as the caramel is obviously very sweet, and something creamy to accompany the intensity of the caramel. After tinkering with the ratios, this praline goes very nicely with the caramel. The flavours pair together wonderfully.
Cleaning & Polishing Moulds
This might seem like an obvious point, but caring for your professional moulds is very important. The way you care for them will ensure longevity of the mould and a brilliant, mirror shine on the chocolate.
Shelling & Capping
No matter how much experience you have in this, you can always refine your technique and learn something new. My technique for both these applications has changed over the years, and now I cap by applying chocolate to the back of the mould, rather than using an acetate sheet. It’s quick and easy once you know some little tricks and get some experience under your belt.
How Does It Work?
- After you’ve purchased this livestream class, you’ll be sent a confirmation email, which includes a link to register for the class.
- At the time and date of the class you’ll connect via the Zoom software (no extra charge to you).
- You’ll be able to see and hear me. We’ll say hello when you join, so you can confirm you can hear OK.
- While I’m teaching you can type questions for me to answer. I’ll make sure we answer all questions.
- You’ll receive the class book and a recording of the session within 1-2 days of the livestream.
- Note: This is not a follow along workshop, so there’s no need to shop for any ingredients prior to the class. You can just relax, watch at home, ask questions and be armed with your new knowledge to get in the kitchen in your own time and go at your own pace. Of course, you have all recipes and a recording of the class to refer back to whenever you want.