It’s recommended that you have some dessert making experience before attending this class.
Learn how to make stellar modern desserts at home or work
Date: 21st June
Time: 4pm – 6pm U.K
Livestream Class Recording
Want To Learn How to Make Stunning Healthy Modern Desserts?
Take your dessert skills to the next level and impress your family, friends and clients with delicious, healthy entremets that are (mostly) raw, plant based, gluten/wheat/dairy and refined sugar free.
Let’s take your dessert skills to the next level.
This course brings together raw baking, desserts and chocolate into one in depth class. It will help you understand how to take the base recipes you already know and love from my other courses and apply them all in one dessert.
The dessert made in class has several components that are assembled using a mix of free form techniques and modern pastry moulds and methods. Where chocolate garnishes are use to decorate the desserts, they will be made in class.
This 2 hour livestream class is designed for intermediate students or those with a good dessert making background. You don’t need to have a dehydrator to make the recipes from this class, you can also use your oven.
What you’ll learn …
I love using fermented creams in my desserts. No just for the probiotic aspect, but for what they offer to the dessert itself. Fermentation dramatically alters the overall feel of the cream, making it lighter to digest, but also reducing that dense feel you get from simply using soaked cashews.
Graham Cracker Crust
For this dessert, I wanted a crumbly, light crust. It started out as a Smore’s Tart, but quickly found its way to this final, gorgeous tart. I also wanted to use some traditional pastry techqniues in the forming of this crust, it worked out very well. When I completed, and tasted this tart, I thanked God, because it’s creation was not of my making 🙂
Peanut Butter Ganache
Often I base my desserts on childhood memories, like the Maple Blueberry Entremet is based on pancakes. This tart is based on me having bananas with peanut butter after school as a kiddo, but elevated! So, I kept the flavours simple, but the most classic flavour combos don’t need anything fancy. You simply need to allow the flavours to shine as brightly as possible. This ganache is a very clean Peanut ‘Caramel’ vibe. Perfect for this tart.
Another memory for me is Banana Flambe which we had as kids on cruise holiday’s with my Dad. I love these bananas, they’re so rich in true banana flavour without messing with them too much. The retain a lovely soft, but slight chewy texture which compliments the other components perfectly.
What dessert would be complete without some chocolate, am I right?! The chocolate glaze finishes the flavour profile off beautifully without being too much and distracting from the other, more subtle flavours. Plus, it looks lovely. 🙂
Easy Chocolate Garnish
This bubble chocolate garnish is so easy to do, so it’s an ideal one to learn if you’re not totally comfy with chocolate work.
A crucial part of being a chef of any kind and, in part, what will make your desserts stand out from others. We’ll explore this in class so you know what to add for that flavour pop and a well rounded dessert.
How Does It Work?
- After you’ve purchased this livestream class, you’ll be sent a confirmation email, which includes a link to register for the class.
- At the time and date of the class you’ll connect via the Zoom software (no extra charge to you).
- You’ll be able to see and hear me. We’ll say hello when you join, so you can confirm you can hear OK.
- While I’m teaching you can type questions for me to answer. I’ll make sure we answer all questions.
- You’ll receive the class book and a recording of the session within 1-2 days of the livestream.
- Note: This is not a follow along workshop, so there’s no need to shop for any ingredients prior to the class. You can just relax, watch at home, ask questions and be armed with your new knowledge to get in the kitchen in your own time and go at your own pace. Of course, you have all recipes and a recording of the class to refer back to whenever you want.