Save loads of money and make your own nut/seed butters and praline pastes!
Use a stone grinder to make virtually any nut/seed butter and learn how to turn them into deliciously creamy pralines
Save 50% by making your own nut butters & pralines
Nut/ seed butters can be made in your food processor, but that will only take you so far. The food processor won’t turn them into silky smooth butter and it also won’t grind sweeteners, like coconut sugar, into a smooth paste either. Adding liquid sweeteners to butter doesn’t work because the nut butter seizes up against the moisture… the grinder is the only way to make silky butters that can also be sweetened and made into praline pastes.
What you’ll learn…
Making Nut & Seed Butters
As the price of all goods is increasing, you can save yourself tons of money by buying nuts in bulk and making butters yourself. Not all nuts and seeds grind the same. There are little tricks to each one that you can learn over time by trial and error, or come to my class and learn it all in one go.
For the sake of my specific area of work, let’s define praline paste. In traditional terms, praline paste are nuts/seeds that are caramelised with white sugar and then ground into a butter.
In my culinary dictionary, they are roasted or activated nuts/seeds that are made into a smooth paste with a dry sweetener and cocoa butter or chocolate. They can then be set in a silicone mould and eaten as is or dipped in chocolate. They can be used as a filling in a chocolate bar, layers in bonbons or added as a texture to chocolate barks.
In the class book, you’ll receive a few of my favourite praline recipes that use different processes to achieve a beautiful rich praline.
When making nut/seed butters and pralines, you can have a lot of fun with flavour pairing. In the class book, I have included flavour pairings for all nuts and seeds.
Each nut and seed requires different ways to start the batch and different grinding times and care notes during the grind. I have included notes on this in the class book.
How Does It Work?
- After you’ve purchased this livestream class, you’ll be sent a confirmation email, which includes a link to register for the class.
- At the time and date of the class you’ll connect via the Zoom software (no extra charge to you).
- You’ll be able to see and hear me. We’ll say hello when you join, so you can confirm you can hear OK.
- While I’m teaching you can type questions for me to answer. I’ll make sure we answer all questions.
- You’ll receive the class book and a recording of the session within 1-2 days of the livestream.
- Note: This is not a follow along workshop, so there’s no need to shop for any ingredients prior to the class. You can just relax, watch at home, ask questions and be armed with your new knowledge to get in the kitchen in your own time and go at your own pace. Of course, you have all recipes and a recording of the class to refer back to whenever you want.