Learn how to make plant based, refined sugar free chocolate at home using only your blender and food processor.
This series of livestream classes are for people who want to learn how to make chocolate but may not want to invest in buying any additional equipment at this time.
Typically they are already making simple chocolate treats at home and want to take it to the next level and achieve that more refined look to the finished chocolates.
After you have completed these lessons, and had a go for yourself, you may want to go further and I have classes to meet you wherever you are, and for whatever your end goals may be. However, this is a very good place to start.
When learning anything new, it’s important to lay solid foundations and these classes will do that for you.
My teaching style is to give students the essential techniques and methods needed to make chocolate like a pro, while keeping it easy to understand and apply.
The recipes provided in my classes, and class books, are highly versatile bases that will provide you with a solid foundation of knowledge to keep you going for a long time. I use my base recipes everyday and they are what I draw on when I create new recipes. They are invaluable.
Making Chocolate at Home
- We’ll cover two methods; in the blender and in a stone grinder so you can understand the difference.
- I’ll show you a fool proof tempering method that’s my chosen way these days.
- In class we use professional chocolate moulds, but you can also use silicone or plastic moulds.
- We’ll decorate chocolates simply using pre-made naturally coloured cocoa butters.
- Add texture to your chocolate by candying nuts & buckwheat using unrefined sweeteners.
How & Why To Temper Chocolate
- Tempering is a crucial step in making chocolate, without the resulting chocolate will be crumbly, dull and melt at room temperature
- Learn all the ins and outs of how and why we temper chocolate.
- Once you understand how it works, you’ll find it much easier to do.
- We use a selection of tempering methods and you see the results in real time.
- You can practice these methods at home & find what suits you best.
Easy Chocolate Treats
- In this class I’ll teach you how to make 4 different soft centred chocolates using 5 ingredients or less
- Bounty Bites | Praline Stuffed Dates | Peppermint Cremes | Simple Waterless Truffles
- Learn how to enrobe and decorate your chocolate in a variety of ways using simple techniques
- All items are made with easy to find ingredients from your local grocery store
Truffles Made Easy
- Take the struggle out of truffles with my 3 signature base recipes
- Build on the skills you have learnt in the previous classes
- Form your ganaches multiple ways – in a frame, silicone moulds or roll by hand
- Fun new decorating techqniues and recipes
- Use the base recipes provided in this class to create your own unique flavours and designs