Beginners and Intermediate
Whether you’re new to chocolate work or been at it for a while, shelling, filling and capping are techniques that can always use tweaking and refining.
Date: 2nd May 2021
Time: 4pm – 5:30pm U.K
Location: Livestream Class
Make Delicate Hollow Shells & Filled Chocolates
This class is a deep dive into shelling and capping, which is to say, creating thin chocolate
shells, filling them correctly and capping (sealing) them seamlessly.
Whether you’re new to this topic or not, this class will help you refine your skills.
Want To Learn How To Shell, Fill & Cap, Or Refine Your Skills?
In my live and online chocolate classes, we work on shelled items such as candy bars, filled bars, easter eggs and bonbons. Over the course of the past few years, I have been refining my own skills where shelling, filling and capping are concerned. I have learnt a lot and found ways of working that I think will help you too.
No matter how much time you have spent practicing these skills, there is always room to grow, learn and improve.
In this 1-1.5hr class I’ll answer all your questions as we take a deep dive into shelling, filling and capping, what can go wrong and how to work clean and efficiently.
What you’ll learn…
Whether it’s that your chocolate is too thin or too thick, the chocolate gets stuck in the mould, the shells come out too thin and break, or you simply have difficultly keeping your work bench and moulds clean…. there are answers and ways for you to troubleshoot whilst working.
Working More Efficiently
If you’re making items at home for your friends and family, you may not be too bothered about how fast or slow you’re moving with it, understandably. But if you ever wanted to start a business, or already are running one, you want to be as efficient as possible while retaining a beautiful finish.
Various Methods and Finishing Techniques
In almost every area of life there are various ways to accomplish what you want to do, and everyone will do it a little differently. I will show you how I shell and fill my moulds and apply the cap, or seal, the back. These methods are very important as, when done correctly, it allows for a long shelf life for your chocolates as they are air sealed.
Over the years I have tried many different techniques and methods, but now, I have landed on the ones that work for me. I want to help you find the ones that work for you and iron out any issues you’re currently experiencing.
We’ll have time in class for all your questions and to discuss any problems you have faced. We can troubleshoot them in the class, which is a wonderful learning experience for everyone involved as we can all related to almost every problem; if not at the moment, then certainly at some stage in our chocolate development.
How Does It Work?
- After you’ve purchased this livestream class, you’ll be sent a confirmation email, which includes a link to register for the class.
- After to register, you’ll receive an email that will contain your link to join the class on the designated date and time.
- At the time and date of the class you’ll connect via the Zoom software (no extra charge to you).
- You’ll be able to see and hear me. We’ll say hello when you join, so you can confirm you can hear OK.
- Whilst I’m teaching you can type questions for me to answer. I’ll make sure we answer all questions.
- You’ll receive the class book and a recording of the session within 1-2 days of the livestream.Note: This is not a follow along workshop, so there’s no need to shop for any ingredients prior to the class. You can just relax, watch at home, ask questions and be armed with your new knowledge to get in the kitchen in your own time and go at your own pace. Of course, you have all recipes and a recording of the class to refer back to whenever you want.
Kind words from our friends
Working in the industry and the huge surge in food intolerances, allergies and required diets, with Amy’s help I can face any challenge with a grin and think, “What would Amy do?”Sammy Tranger
Having Amy’s raw chocolate courses on therawchef.com makes me so proud. Our students love learning about raw chocolate from Amy, because she’s so knowledgeable and methodical.Russell James“The Raw Chef”, London UK
Amy is an inspiring teacher and someone who pushes raw culinary artistry to the edge. Her sophisticated chocolates and elegant desserts were the cornerstone at all SAF restaurants during their opening years.Chad SarnoChef, Consultant & Speaker
I love Amy’s recipes, she is always creating and sharing so openly with all of us. What’s a plus, she actually uses weight measurements (thanks, Amy)!Monika WackeFounder Schoccolatta, Switzerland
Amy Levin is a very knowledgeable and enterprising professional chef and culinary artist, whose creativity, organisational skills and teaching abilities are remarkable.Amy WebsterFounder of Simply Raw, Zurich Switzerland