Take The Struggle Out of Making Truffles
Truffles are traditionally made by emulsifying chocolate with a liquid, typically cream.
This process can be challenging, particularly for those making their own chocolate – standard
recipes don’t turn out well. In this class, I will teach you my 3 versatile, fool proof recipes for truffles!
Truffle Recipes To Suit Your Needs
What you’ll learn…
Enrobing / Dipping
Truffles can dipped in chocolate or simply finished with cocoa powder, chopped nuts, etc… You can choose whichever method you’re comfortable with. If you are new to this process, you’ll learn all about enrobing in class. I’ll also show you a trick for avoiding fork marks in the bottom of your dipped truffles!
A lot of my students are looking for a waterless ganache recipe because of the long shelf life they have. This recipe can be altered by changing and/or adding a few ingredients. It’s been a cornerstone of my chocolate work for sometime and can be used to make traditional looking truffles or even as a coating on desserts!
I’ve always found it challenging to make classic truffles because, when you make your own chocolate, traditional recipes never seem to work. Over time, I found a great recipe that doesn’t require you to use pre made chocolate… all you need are some ingredients that are easy to find online, or in your local health food store. We’ll dive into the specifics in class.
Amy’s Signature Ganache
Ganache is one of those chocolate cornerstones, but one that can be tricky to get right. My signature ganache is easy to make and very versatile. Think Chunky Peanut Butter, Blueberry Coconut, Star Anise & Espresso, Smoked Chocolate, Almond & Maca and on and on. In this class we’ll set the ganache into a frame (totally optional, but fun!) so we can cut it into lovely little squares. I’ll also show you a trick for avoiding fork marks in the bottom of your dipped truffles!
How Does It Work?
- After you’ve purchased this livestream class, you’ll be sent a confirmation email, which includes a link to register for the class.
- At the time and date of the class you’ll connect via the Zoom software (no extra charge to you).
- You’ll be able to see and hear me. We’ll say hello when you join, so you can confirm you can hear OK.
- While I’m teaching you can type questions for me to answer. I’ll make sure we answer all questions.
- You’ll receive the class book and a recording of the session within 1-2 days of the livestream.
- Note: This is not a follow along workshop, so there’s no need to shop for any ingredients prior to the class. You can just relax, watch at home, ask questions and be armed with your new knowledge to get in the kitchen in your own time and go at your own pace. Of course, you have all recipes and a recording of the class to refer back to whenever you want.