Make beautifully marbled Easter Eggs filled with truffles this year for your friends, family and/or customers.
Livestream Class Recording
£19BUY THIS RECORDING
Have Fun Making Easter Eggs This Year
Easter is an exciting time for chocolate! We get to make Easter Eggs, big or small,
and decorate them with fun techniques and methods. If you enjoy working
with your hands and being crafty, you’re going to enjoy making these.
Learn how to make your own Easter Eggs this year
In this 1.5 hour livestream class, you’ll learn how to design and fill 100mm Easter Eggs with truffles, or whatever you’d like. 🙂
What we’ll cover in this class…
Design / Colouring
We’ll use naturally coloured cocoa butters to design our Easter Eggs. For this marble design, we don’t use any tools, just our fingers. It’s a lot like finger painting, but, if you have experience with colouring chocolate, you’ll know we do the colouring in reverse to how you’d paint a canvas. So I’ll show you how to control the ‘paint’ and get the effect you’re looking for. In this class we’ll be working with a larger palette of colours than I usually do; blue, green, turquoise, white, purple, red and pink.
Once the moulds are painted, it’s time to shell the mould. This can pose questions for people around how much chocolate to use for the shell, how to know how much to use/you’ll need, how to get the shell thickness that you’re looking for, and so on. We’ll go through all of these points in the class.
Sealing / Fusing The Eggs
In order to get that 3D egg, rather than it having one flat side, we’ll need to connect the two halves together. There are several ways to do this, but in class we’ll connect the two eggs by fusing them together. In this case, we’ll need to form a thick edge. I’ll show you the tips and tricks I have learnt to get that edge you need without it cracking or breaking during the shelling process.
Filling The Eggs / Chocolate Truffles
Before fusing, you can fill the eggs with nuts, small chocolates, candies, love notes, soft fillings, etc… In this class, we’ll make some easy chocolate truffles, enrobe them and then fill the eggs with these before connecting them.
How Does It Work?
- After you’ve purchased this livestream class, you’ll be sent a confirmation email, which includes a link to register for the class.
- At the time and date of the class you’ll connect via the Zoom software (no extra charge to you).
- You’ll be able to see and hear me. We’ll say hello when you join, so you can confirm you can hear OK.
- While I’m teaching you can type questions for me to answer. I’ll make sure we answer all questions.
- You’ll receive the class book and a recording of the session within 1-2 hours of the livestream.
- Note: This is not a follow along workshop, so there’s no need to shop for any ingredients prior to the class. You can just relax, watch at home, ask questions and be armed with your new knowledge to get in the kitchen in your own time and go at your own pace. Of course, you have all recipes and a recording of the class to refer back to whenever you want.