If Candy Bars & Cake Had Babies, They’d Be Dessert Bars
Impress your family and friends with delicious home made, healthy desserts that are mostly
raw, all vegan, gluten/wheat/dairy and refined sugar free.
Let’s take your dessert skills to the next level.
This class will give you the recipes, techniques and methods needed to make delicious, healthy dessert bars at home or work.
This 2 hour livestream class is designed for students of all levels who have an eagerness to learn. We’ll only be using the dehydrator for one element, but you can use your oven instead.
My teaching style and ethos is to give people tried and tested base recipes that you can chop and change to create something new and different.
What you’ll learn …
In this class we’ll be working with, what are referred to as, Ganache Frames. They are metal frames that don’t have a base and just frame the contents. The benefit of using a frame to form your dessert bars is that you get a perfect height and cut every time. No need to line the frame with greaseproof or cling film, so you can avoid any marks or indentations made using those methods. If you don’t want to use a frame, no problem, you can simply use a baking tin as you would with other desserts.
These bars are finished using tempered chocolate, which I’ll cover in class. However, if you don’t feel comfortable tempering, or want a coating that’s quick and easy, I’ve got you. We’ll discuss the options you have for coating the bars in class.
Bounty Dessert Bars
If you’re not familiar with Bounty Bars, they’re a sticky coconut bar covered in chocolate. It’s always been very difficult to replicate that sticky texture using healthy ingredients, but I finally figured it out and I think you’re going to love the simplicity of it. For my dessert bar version, this sticky coconut layer sits upon a chocolate crust and the bars are enrobed in “milk” chocolate. If you don’t want to temper the chocolate, no problem, we can cover other easier options in class.
Peanut Butter & Banana Dessert Bars
If you have been a student of mine for a while, you’ll know that I love using peanut and banana. I’m a pretty traditional gal when it comes to flavour combos and this one is just fantastic. You could easily change out the peanut butter for any other nut or seed butter and create a totally new bar. For this one, however, we’ll be making a peanut butter cookie dough layer first and then adding a thin layer of peanut butter praline. To that we add a banana caramel, top it up with lots of roasted peanuts and then enrobe it in dark chocolate.
How Does It Work?
- After you’ve purchased this livestream class, you’ll be sent a confirmation email, which includes a link to register for the class.
- After to register, you’ll receive an email that will contain your link to join the class on the designated date and time.
- At the time and date of the class you’ll connect via the Zoom software (no extra charge to you). You’ll be able to see and hear me. We’ll say hello when you join, so you can confirm you can hear OK.
- Whilst I’m teaching you can type questions for me to answer. I’ll make sure we answer all questions.
- You’ll receive the class book and a recording of the session within 1-2 days of the livestream.
- Note: This is not a follow along workshop, so there’s no need to shop for any ingredients prior to the class. You can just relax, watch at home, ask questions and be armed with your new knowledge to get in the kitchen in your own time and go at your own pace. Of course, you have all recipes and a recording of the class to refer back to whenever you want.
Kind words from our friends
Working in the industry and the huge surge in food intolerances, allergies and required diets, with Amy’s help I can face any challenge with a grin and think, “What would Amy do?”Sammy Tranger
Having Amy’s raw chocolate courses on therawchef.com makes me so proud. Our students love learning about raw chocolate from Amy, because she’s so knowledgeable and methodical.Russell James“The Raw Chef”, London UK
Amy is an inspiring teacher and someone who pushes raw culinary artistry to the edge. Her sophisticated chocolates and elegant desserts were the cornerstone at all SAF restaurants during their opening years.Chad SarnoChef, Consultant & Speaker
I love Amy’s recipes, she is always creating and sharing so openly with all of us. What’s a plus, she actually uses weight measurements (thanks, Amy)!Monika WackeFounder Schoccolatta, Switzerland
Amy Levin is a very knowledgeable and enterprising professional chef and culinary artist, whose creativity, organisational skills and teaching abilities are remarkable.Amy WebsterFounder of Simply Raw, Zurich Switzerland