Want To Learn How To Make Soft, Moist Layer Cakes That Are Healthy?
Impress your family and friends with delicious home made, healthy layer cakes that
are mostly raw, all vegan, gluten/wheat/dairy and refined sugar free.
Let’s take your dessert skills to the next level.
This class will give you the recipes, techniques and methods needed to make amazing, healthy full sized layer cakes at home or work.
This 2 hour livestream class is designed for students of all levels. You don’t need to have a dehydrator to make the recipes from this class, you can also use your oven.
My teaching style and ethos is to give people tried and tested base recipes that you can chop and change to create something new and different.
What you’ll learn …
Soft, Moist Layer Cakes
The foundation of any great layer cake. This carrot layer cake is made using a dehydrator, so the resulting cake is similar to a baked one – soft, moist and bursting with flavour. This cake is 4 inches in diameter and about the same in height. You can also opt to make it a large cake.
Fermented Pineapple Cardamom ‘Buttercream’ Frosting
We’ll get into some easy fermentation by fermenting cashews which boost the nutritional properties and make these cakes a probiotic delight. Traditionally, carrot cake is finished with a vanilla cream cheese icing, but I decided to switch things up for this new iteration of my carrot layer cake. We’re using a Pineapple Cardamom cream cheese frosting. This pairs extraordinarily well with the spices and flavours in the carrot cake.
Fermented ‘buttercream’ frostings work amazingly well for piping. You’ll learn some important tips and tricks to get you on your way and keep you rocking. We’ll finish the cake as seen in the photos, so I’ll show you a fun bit of piping that’s really easy to do, how to make these lovely fresh carrot curls and how to assemble it all so it looks delightful.
No need to wrestle with frosting the cake using an offset spatula and a cake wheel. We’ll cover an easy glazing technique for getting that silky smooth finish on the cakes every time, no hassle. This method also ensures you don’t end up with a ton of icing around the sides. Just enough to cover the cake.
How Does It Work?
- After you’ve purchased this livestream class, you’ll be sent a confirmation email, which includes a link to register for the class.
- At the time and date of the class you’ll connect via the Zoom software (no extra charge to you).
- You’ll be able to see and hear me. We’ll say hello when you join, so you can confirm you can hear OK.
- While I’m teaching you can type questions for me to answer. I’ll make sure we answer all questions.
- You’ll receive the class book and a recording of the session within 1-2 days of the livestream.
- Note: This is not a follow along workshop, so there’s no need to shop for any ingredients prior to the class. You can just relax, watch at home, ask questions and be armed with your new knowledge to get in the kitchen in your own time and go at your own pace. Of course, you have all recipes and a recording of the class to refer back to whenever you want.