All Natural Chocolate Bars Using No Refined Sugars
This class focusses on all aspects on making beautiful filled chocolate bars which
includes colouring, shelling, filling and layering.
Technical skills that lead to creative expression
Elements covered in this class …
Naturally Coloured Bars \ The Design
This design is done using naturally coloured cocoa butters and paint brushes. It’s simple to do and conveys the apple vibe of the bar using apple red and apple green. We are using a square snakcing bar mould in this class, but you can use a rounded bar mould or any type of bonbon mould you’d like. The design and layering will translate to any mould.
Apple Spice Caramel
Fruit caramels are a great way of getting fresh fruity flavours into chocolate without compromising the shelf life. This apple spice caramel alone conveys the flavours of apple pie. It’s warming, comforting and reminiscent of Apple Cider from my childhood in the USA (this is apple juice mulled with spices, not an alcoholic cider like you get in the U.K)
Pie Crust Praline
For this praline we’re using walnuts. As they are such an oily, soft nut, you can easily make them into butter in your food processor if you don’t have a stone grinder. In class, we’ll make the praline in a grinder, and I will explain making it without one as well. The praline is textured with a spiced granola, which gives lots of consistency, crispiness and flavour.
No matter how much experience you have in this, you can always refine your technique and learn something new. For this class, I opted not to use a cap on the bars, instead we use the praline to fill the shells completely behind the caramel. This gives an interesting design while still maintaining a sealed shell for freshness and shelf life longevity.
How Does It Work?
- After you’ve purchased this livestream class, you’ll be sent a confirmation email, which includes a link to register for the class.
- At the time and date of the class you’ll connect via the Zoom software (no extra charge to you).
- You’ll be able to see and hear me. We’ll say hello when you join, so you can confirm you can hear OK.
- While I’m teaching you can type questions for me to answer. I’ll make sure we answer all questions.
- You’ll receive the class book and a recording of the session within 1-2 days of the livestream.
- Note: This is not a follow along workshop, so there’s no need to shop for any ingredients prior to the class. You can just relax, watch at home, ask questions and be armed with your new knowledge to get in the kitchen in your own time and go at your own pace. Of course, you have all recipes and a recording of the class to refer back to whenever you want.