White chocolate isn’t the most amazing eating chocolate, but it’s an awesome base for making beautiful colours to use for decorating your chocolates. In this video we use a high speed blender to make the white chocolate so we can get as smooth of a consistency as possible. From there, you can add powders like matcha, turmeric, beetroot or various freeze dried fruit powders to make stunning, bright colours. After that, it’s a matter of tempering, but don’t worry, I have a video for that too – click here.
- 250 g cacao butter, shaved with a knife
- 20 g cashews
- 15 g inulin powder ( optional )
- 120 g xylitol, powdered
- Combine all ingredients in your Vitamix jug as they are listed in the recipe and, using the tamper stick with the blender on full high, push the ingredients down into the corners of the blender.
- Keep doing this until the butter is thin and the ingredients are completely smooth. Scrape down the sides of the jug to make sure all the ingredients come up in temperature together. This should take about 2-3 mins, take the temperature to be sure it’s not exceeding 42°C / 107°Be careful not to exceed 50°C/ 122°F.
- The more you make chocolate this way, you will get used to this method and you will know when the mix is heating without needing to take the temperature too often. Transfer to a mixing bowl and begin the next stage of the tempering process.
- See the tempering video for step by step instructions.
FREE Videos: Start watching and learning today
Are you a visual learner? Yeah, me too. If I can’t be there in person, I love a video. This FREE mini series covers everything you need to know in order to start making professional quality chocolate at home with ease.
Want to know when a new recipe is posted?
You’re busy. I know this. You can’t keep checking my site for new recipes. Sign up for my newsletter and I’ll send you a new recipe every week. Boom!