Intermediate & Advanced
It’s recommended that you have experience working with chocolate before attending this class.
Date: 21st February 2021
Time: 4pm – 6pm U.K
Location: Livestream Class
Ready To Make Beautifully Designed Bonbons?
This class focusses on all aspects on making bonbons which includes colouring, shelling, filling and layering and capping. Each class covers a new bonbon and therefore new designs, flavours and elements.
Technical skills that lead to creative expression
This class is more technical and multi-faceted than the Fundamentals or Soft Centres classes. It will open your mind and expand your creativity by teaching you new skills around working with chocolate to create stunning bonbons.
We use Stone Ground chocolate in various applications; shelling moulds, making layers inside the bonbons and capping. White, Milk and Dark Chocolates all have different viscosities and therefore need to be worked with in different ways and understood in their own right.
We’ll be using new, naturally coloured cocoa butters (not raw) and stone ground chocolates in this class to create gorgeous chocolate shells.
Elements covered in this class …
If you’re unfamiliar with Mole, it’s a traditional savoury Mexican sauce that features chocolate. This sauce can have up to a mind blowing 35 spices in it, so it’s really complex. In this ganache, I use only the best spices and the greatest combination. It’s such a beautiful, complexly flavoured ganache. It might even inspire you to test out some of the other, less ‘sweet’ spices too.
Mango Pineapple Jam
Traditionally Mexican dishes are served with a salsa as it’s refreshing and cleanses the palate from the spices in the food. In this case, I’m using a aromatic, deeply flavoured mango pineapple jam to cleanse the palate while you enjoy the spice of the ganache. It’s such an amazing jam, keeps really well and it perfect in bonbons as it doesn’t lose structure and leach water. This element can be used in sweet and savoury dishes alike.
In each bonbon class we cover different decorating techniques that are specific to that bonbon. In this class, we’ll apply 2-3 designs that reflect the flavours and vibe of this bonbon and I’ll talk you through how I arrive at designs in the hopes it helps you with your own design ideas.
Cleaning & Polishing Moulds
This might seem like an obvious point, but caring for your professional moulds is very important. The way you care for them will ensure longevity of the mould and a brilliant, mirror shine on the chocolate.
Shelling & Capping
No matter how much experience you have in this, you can always refine your technique and learn something new. My technique for both these applications has changed over the years, and now I cap by applying chocolate to the back of the mould, rather than using an acetate sheet. It’s quick and easy once you know some little tricks and get some experience under your belt.
How Does It Work?
- After you’ve purchased this livestream class, you’ll be sent a confirmation email, which includes a link to register for the class.
- After to register, you’ll receive an email that will contain your link to join the class on the designated date and time.
- At the time and date of the class you’ll connect via the Zoom software (no extra charge to you).
- You’ll be able to see and hear me. We’ll say hello when you join, so you can confirm you can hear OK.
- Whilst I’m teaching you can type questions for me to answer. I’ll make sure we answer all questions.
- You’ll receive the class book and a recording of the session within 1-2 days of the livestream.
- Note: This is not a follow along workshop, so there’s no need to shop for any ingredients prior to the class. You can just relax, watch at home, ask questions and be armed with your new knowledge to get in the kitchen in your own time and go at your own pace. Of course, you have all recipes and a recording of the class to refer back to whenever you want.
Kind words from our friends
Working in the industry and the huge surge in food intolerances, allergies and required diets, with Amy’s help I can face any challenge with a grin and think, “What would Amy do?”Sammy Tranger
Having Amy’s raw chocolate courses on therawchef.com makes me so proud. Our students love learning about raw chocolate from Amy, because she’s so knowledgeable and methodical.Russell James“The Raw Chef”, London UK
Amy is an inspiring teacher and someone who pushes raw culinary artistry to the edge. Her sophisticated chocolates and elegant desserts were the cornerstone at all SAF restaurants during their opening years.Chad SarnoChef, Consultant & Speaker
I love Amy’s recipes, she is always creating and sharing so openly with all of us. What’s a plus, she actually uses weight measurements (thanks, Amy)!Monika WackeFounder Schoccolatta, Switzerland
Amy Levin is a very knowledgeable and enterprising professional chef and culinary artist, whose creativity, organisational skills and teaching abilities are remarkable.Amy WebsterFounder of Simply Raw, Zurich Switzerland