Beginners and Intermediate
Pre-made naturally coloured cocoa butters are a fantastic way to decorated your chocolate bars or bonbons.
Date: 30th September 2021
Time: 2pm – 3:30pm U.K
Create chocolates with gorgeous designs using coloured cocoa butters
This class is a deep dive into using pre-made naturally coloured cocoa butters and all that goes along with it. If you have been on the fence about digging into using these colours, this class will give you the confidence you need to have a go at home or work.
Ready to decorate your chocolates with stunning results?
We work primarily with colours in my bonbons classes, but we don’t go too in depth with the how’s and why’s of using these fantastic pre-made colours.
In this 1-1.5hr class I’ll answer all your questions as we take a deep dive into using these colours – where to buy them, what ingredients are in them, how to melt and temper, how to keep them in temper and some easy design techniques you can get started with.
What you’ll learn…
Where To Buy
Naturally coloured butters are new to the market (came in about 2 years ago) but a lot of companies are starting to make them so they are becoming a lot easier to source. Every country will have varying availability to different brands, so we’ll talk about where to buy them, which brands are available and how each brand varies.
How To Melt Them
Depending on what equipment you have available, you’ll melt the butters in different ways. I’ll show you how I melt them and keep them melted, and we can address how you’ll do it given the equipment you have at home or work.
No matter which area of chocolate making you’re interested in, tempering is always a cornerstone. In my opinion, tempering colours is the easiest tempering process as they temper very quick and easily due to the small amounts used during a session and the fast it’s pure cocoa butter.
Now they’re melted and tempered, what do you do with them? I’ll show you some easy techniques that require no special equipment. This will get you started and give you lots to practice and learn from. Then, if you’d like, you can attend some of my bonbon classes to learn more advanced design techniques, or develop your own designs over time.
We’ll have time in class for all your questions and to discuss any problems you have faced. We can troubleshoot them in the class, which is a wonderful learning experience for everyone involved as we can all related to almost every problem; if not at the moment, then certainly at some stage in our chocolate development.
How Does It Work?
- After you’ve purchased this livestream class, you’ll be sent a confirmation email, which includes a link to register for the class.
- After to register, you’ll receive an email that will contain your link to join the class on the designated date and time.
- At the time and date of the class you’ll connect via the Zoom software (no extra charge to you).
- You’ll be able to see and hear me. We’ll say hello when you join, so you can confirm you can hear OK.
- Whilst I’m teaching you can type questions for me to answer. I’ll make sure we answer all questions.
- You’ll receive the class book and a recording of the session within 1-2 days of the livestream.
- Note: This is not a follow along workshop, so there’s no need to shop for any ingredients prior to the class. You can just relax, watch at home, ask questions and be armed with your new knowledge to get in the kitchen in your own time and go at your own pace. Of course, you have all recipes and a recording of the class to refer back to whenever you want.
Kind words from our friends
Working in the industry and the huge surge in food intolerances, allergies and required diets, with Amy’s help I can face any challenge with a grin and think, “What would Amy do?”Sammy Tranger
Having Amy’s raw chocolate courses on therawchef.com makes me so proud. Our students love learning about raw chocolate from Amy, because she’s so knowledgeable and methodical.Russell James“The Raw Chef”, London UK
Amy is an inspiring teacher and someone who pushes raw culinary artistry to the edge. Her sophisticated chocolates and elegant desserts were the cornerstone at all SAF restaurants during their opening years.Chad SarnoChef, Consultant & Speaker
I love Amy’s recipes, she is always creating and sharing so openly with all of us. What’s a plus, she actually uses weight measurements (thanks, Amy)!Monika WackeFounder Schoccolatta, Switzerland
Amy Levin is a very knowledgeable and enterprising professional chef and culinary artist, whose creativity, organisational skills and teaching abilities are remarkable.Amy WebsterFounder of Simply Raw, Zurich Switzerland