Want To Learn How to Make Easy Fermented Cheesecakes?
Impress your family and friends with delicious, probiotic dense cheesecakes that are
mostly raw, all vegan, gluten/wheat/dairy and refined sugar free.
Get your fill of probiotics while eating a delicious,
creamy cheesecake? Yes, please!
This class will give you the recipes, techniques and methods needed to make delicious, probiotic rich, easy cheesecakes at home or work.
This 1.5 – 2 hour livestream class is designed for all levels. No special equipment is needed, we don’t use a dehydrator in this class.
My teaching style and ethos is to give people tried and tested base recipes that you can chop and change to create something new and different.
What you’ll learn …
For this class we’ll be using 2 different blending liquids for processing the cashews into a smooth paste ready for fermenting. The benefit of using liquids other than water is two fold. One is that you introduce new strains of bacteria that are naturally occurring in those liquids. The more strains the better, in terms of gut health. The other is that you’re not ‘watering down’ the cashew paste by using water to blend and therefore begin building flavour into the the paste at this early stage. This means a more flavourful cheesecake overall.
In this class we’ll be using a delicious base crust. This can be vanilla, chocolate or anything in between with just the tweak of a couple ingredients. From there, you have a wonderfully neutral base recipe that can be adapted to suit any flavour combination you might come up with. This crust can be simply pressed into the tin flat or brought up the sides in order to give a ‘tart crust’ vibe.
‘Baked’ Chocolate Crust
If you’re wanting that baked crust feel to your cheesecake, this chocolate buckwheat tart shell will be a winner for you. To make this crust, you’ll need to use either your oven on low temps or the dehydrator. We’ll cover how to use your oven in class, but it’s very easy.
Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
For this cheesecake, we’re starting with the ‘baked’ chocolate crust and filling it with a fermented dark cherry cream cheese. This alone is an incredible flavour combo and a good starting point for a black forest cake/pie. The final touch on this tart is optional, but highly recommended; light and airy chocolate mousse! From there we’ll complete it with some gold flake and cherries for garnish.
Raspberry Amaretto Cheesecake
In recent months, I have been experimenting with new and different blending liquids for making fermented cashew cream. For this one we use alcohol as the blending liquid and it ferments really nicely! If you don’t want to use alcohol, no worries, we can address that in class. For this cheesecake we’ll start with a brown sugar crust and then fill it with a fermented amaretto cream cheese. Finally we top it off with a silky smooth raspberry jam and almond oat crumble.
How Does It Work?
- After you’ve purchased this livestream class, you’ll be sent a confirmation email, which includes a link to register for the class.
- At the time and date of the class you’ll connect via the Zoom software (no extra charge to you).
- You’ll be able to see and hear me. We’ll say hello when you join, so you can confirm you can hear OK.
- While I’m teaching you can type questions for me to answer. I’ll make sure we answer all questions.
- You’ll receive the class book and a recording of the session within 1-2 days of the livestream.
- Note: This is not a follow along workshop, so there’s no need to shop for any ingredients prior to the class. You can just relax, watch at home, ask questions and be armed with your new knowledge to get in the kitchen in your own time and go at your own pace. Of course, you have all recipes and a recording of the class to refer back to whenever you want.