Want To Learn How To Make Soft, Moist Layer Cakes That Are Healthy?
Impress your family and friends with delicious home made, healthy layer cakes that are
mostly raw, all vegan, gluten/wheat/dairy and refined sugar free.
Let’s take your dessert skills to the next level
This class will give you the recipes, techniques and methods needed to make amazing, healthy layer cakes at home or work.
This 1.5-2 hour livestream class is designed for students of all levels. You don’t need to have a dehydrator to make the recipes from this class, you can also use your oven.
My teaching style and ethos is to give people tried and tested base recipes that you can chop and change to create something new and different.
What you’ll learn …
Soft, Moist Layer Cakes
The foundation of any great layer cake. These cakes are made using a dehydrator, so the resulting cake is similar to a baked one – soft and moist. In this class we’ll make two different flavours – chocolate and vanilla – to create the checkerboard effect in the cake.
The design of this cake all comes down to how it’s cut and assembled. We’ll cover all these details in class. Once you learn this method, you can apply it to other cakes, desserts and chocolates to create cool layers.
Fermented ‘Buttercream’ Frosting
We’ll get into some easy fermentation in this class by fermenting cashews. This makes the cream lighter, gives it a nutrient boost and makes the resulting cake a probiotic powerhouse. These “buttercream” frostings also pipe like a dream, so if you have wanted the perfect decorating cream, look no further.
No need to wrestle with frosting the cake using an offset spatula and a cake wheel. We’ll cover an easy glazing technique for getting that silky smooth finish on the cakes every time, no hassle.
How Does It Work?
- After you’ve purchased this livestream class, you’ll be sent a confirmation email, which includes a link to register for the class.
- After to register, you’ll receive an email that will contain your link to join the class on the designated date and time.
- At the time and date of the class you’ll connect via the Zoom software (no extra charge to you).
- You’ll be able to see and hear me. We’ll say hello when you join, so you can confirm you can hear OK.
- Whilst I’m teaching you can type questions for me to answer. I’ll make sure we answer all questions.
- You’ll receive the class book and a recording of the session within 1-2 days of the livestream.
- Note: This is not a follow along workshop, so there’s no need to shop for any ingredients prior to the class. You can just relax, watch at home, ask questions and be armed with your new knowledge to get in the kitchen in your own time and go at your own pace. Of course, you have all recipes and a recording of the class to refer back to whenever you want.
Kind words from our friends
Working in the industry and the huge surge in food intolerances, allergies and required diets, with Amy’s help I can face any challenge with a grin and think, “What would Amy do?”Sammy Tranger
Having Amy’s raw chocolate courses on therawchef.com makes me so proud. Our students love learning about raw chocolate from Amy, because she’s so knowledgeable and methodical.Russell James“The Raw Chef”, London UK
Amy is an inspiring teacher and someone who pushes raw culinary artistry to the edge. Her sophisticated chocolates and elegant desserts were the cornerstone at all SAF restaurants during their opening years.Chad SarnoChef, Consultant & Speaker
I love Amy’s recipes, she is always creating and sharing so openly with all of us. What’s a plus, she actually uses weight measurements (thanks, Amy)!Monika WackeFounder Schoccolatta, Switzerland
Amy Levin is a very knowledgeable and enterprising professional chef and culinary artist, whose creativity, organisational skills and teaching abilities are remarkable.Amy WebsterFounder of Simply Raw, Zurich Switzerland