Making dark chocolate at home is easy once you know how to do it. In this video, I show you how to make dark chocolate using a high speed blender. It’s important that your blender has a tamper stick to push the ingredients down into the blades. If you don’t have a blender like that, check out my Pure Chocolate recipe which doesn’t require a blender. Once you’ve made your chocolate, you’ll want to temper it – click here for that video.
- 350 g cacao paste, shaved
- 50 g cacao butter, shaved
- 100 g coconut sugar, powdered
- Combine all ingredients and, using the tamper stick, push the ingredients down into the corners of the blender.
- Keep doing this until the butter is thinner and the ingredients are completely smooth. This should take about 5 mins, take the temperature every few mins to be sure it’s not exceeding 42°C / 107°F Be careful not to allow it to heat up above 50°C/ 122°F as it will burn the chocolate.
- The more you make chocolate this way, you will get used to this method and you will know when the mix is heating without needing to test it.
- Follow the tempering video to finish the chocolate.
FREE Videos: Start watching and learning today
Are you a visual learner? Yeah, me too. If I can’t be there in person, I love a video. This FREE mini series covers everything you need to know in order to start making professional quality chocolate at home with ease.
Want to know when a new recipe is posted?
You’re busy. I know this. You can’t keep checking my site for new recipes. Sign up for my newsletter and I’ll send you a new recipe every week. Boom!